Mar 7, 2013

urban homestead update

here are some pics of sarah and i's homestead. We have added a raised garden bed with a planting table made out of pallets. A green house to get the seeds started made out of found windows. A composting bin made of pallets and the chickens from the ranch to fill it. The weather has been great and the orange tree is in full bloom.

We have also done a small experimental herb garden aquaponic system.


So you see, I been buzzy around here. I am even working on pre-fabbing a shower room to bring out to the ranch. It seems like I get more done at the ranch while living back in the real world again.
Made the sink out of some ones trash and some more of those free pallets. The table is going to be the new wash station for the kitchen we worked on last visit. But you all know it can not be all work and no play. So, since I can not shoot guns off the back porch like you can in Terlingua, I got something I can.


Oh and thanks to the ice cream man for providing the background music for the video. We also got out to the rodeo

Labels: , , , , , ,